Kiss and ride, bus riders, walkers and more
Translate this page
Kiss and Ride
Morning: 8:25 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
Afternoon: 3:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Drop off and pick up your child only in the Kiss and Ride traffic pattern.
- Adults and patrols are on duty at Kiss and Ride to assist students in and out of the cars.
- Pull your car forward as far as possible in the line.
- Make sure that your child or children exit on the curb side or passenger side of the vehicle.
- Students being dropped off should enter the building through the front entrance.
- If your child needs assistance carrying something inside or getting something out of the car please park and walk your child into the building.
Please have patience while you wait in the Kiss and Ride line and do not use your cell phone. Cars need to take a snake-like route and follow the directional arrows on the pavement.
Directions: Cars will enter Van Fleet and Dean Streets, turn left on Melbourne, enter the school, and exit right via Lumsden.
The after school program manager will open the door for parents to enter the building after school hours.
If you are picking up your child from SACC or dropping off, please park in the parking lot and buzz the SACC office to gain entry.
Recognizing the health benefits, FCPS encourages parents to consider having their children walk and/or ride a bicycle to and from school using existing infrastructure.
Students interested in riding bikes must be “walkers” and reside within biking distance. Bicycle helmets are mandatory to ride to school, and bikes can be locked to the bike rack.
Biking and walking students must use designated paths, sidewalks, or the crosswalk where safety patrols are stationed. Patrols are stationed at hazardous intersections for the safety of the children. Students should not take shortcuts through private property, nor should they cross through the school parking lots.
FCPS provides bus transportation for students who reside more than a mile from the school. Bus riders should follow these guidelines:
- Refrain from crossing or playing on private property.
- Cooperate with the safety patrols and obey the bus drivers.
- Arrive at the bus stop five to ten minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
- Remain seated and talk quietly after boarding the bus.
Procedures for safe transportation are discussed with all students at the beginning of the school year. It is also important that parents review with their children the information included on the form provided to all students who use school transportation. Parents’ reinforcement of the rules for safe loading and unloading of buses and of standards for behavior on buses and at bus stops is essential and will promote safety. Student failure to exhibit acceptable standards of conduct while riding a school bus can result in a suspension of bus transportation.
Kindergarten Parents: For your child’s safety, a parent, daycare provider, designated adult, or a sibling in 7th grade or higher is required to meet your child at the bus stop/bus door. If such person is not at the bus stop/bus door, the child will be returned to school.
Bus Delay Notification System
This system provides parents with timely notification of late bus route information. Parents may access the system at the link below or use the FCPS Mobile App to receive the delayed bus report. Morning route information will be available until noon. The afternoon route information will be available from 1-5 p.m.
Need assistance or have questions? Contact the Lavon Carter at [email protected] or at 703-249-7100 (in the FCPS transporation office for our school). For any concerns after hours, contact Safety and Security at 571-423-2000.