Kent Gardens Activities
Kent Gardens ES offers a variety of activities for the enjoyment, growth, and enrichment of our students.
Safety patrols play a vital role in daily life at Kent Gardens, helping to keep the school a safer place for everyone. Fifth and 6th-grade students are selected as safety patrols and are assigned to positions within and outside of the school building, on school buses, and at school crossings. They also assist kindergartners to and from class each day, raise and lower the flags, and make the afternoon announcements.
Sixth Grade Leadership Teams
- All 6th grade students are eligible to apply for a position in the fall. The teams consist of Mentoring team, Green Team, Spirit team, Community Service Team, and the Tech Ninjas.
- The Kent Gardens Band program is open to students in fifth and sixth grade. Students meet once per week for instruction and perform two concerts each year.
- Strings instruction is offered to students in 4th, 5th and 6th grades. Students meet once per week for instruction and the orchestra performs two concerts each year.
- Kent Gardens offers 5th-grade chorus and 6th-grade chorus. Each group meets weekly and performs several concerts each year.
- The Tech Ninjas are a group of volunteer students learning about technology, networking, and multimedia. The group is open for students in grade 6, who help troubleshoot problems in the building and assist with special projects.
- The student-run morning TV news program broadcasts daily.
- Whether it's karate, art, sports, or Minecraft programming, Kent Gardens PTA has an after-school academy for your child! Our After School Academies are offered three times a year (Fall, Winter, and Spring), and each runs for 8 weeks.
- The PTA partners with Flex Academies to bring parents and students the after-school enrichment program. For more information about registering for a program or for details about tuition/scheduling, access the Flex Academies website at the link below or call 240-654-0877.